Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baby shower invites

So I'm getting together some invitations for a baby shower some friends and I are throwing.  I think they are super-de-duper cute invitations.  I used to sell them in my Etsy shop, in fact.  So I thought I'd share them with you here.
Here is the template for the diaper portion.  I designed it to take an entire sheet of 8.5X11 cardstock rather than 12X12 since that is more expensive.  Fold along the lines and stamp the lower layer as desired.  (I used a jumbo wheel stamp from Stampin' Up that I believe is retired now)  Apply adhesive (I like Tombow mono adhesive, you can find it at almost any craft store) where the pieces overlap.  Punch holes about 3/8 inch apart for the safety pin to go through.  I used my Cricut machine to cut the tag, and stamped it with another Stampin' Up set. 
Then make the insert card.  The bottom layer of the insert card is 4 3/16 inches wide by 3 11/16 inches tall, and the top layer is 4 inches wide by 3 inches tall. Add the info as you would like it.
The completed card should fit in a A-2 size envelope (I buy mine in bulk from the envelope superstore for all my card making needs).

Cute, right? :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...