Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, August 17, 2012

DIY Wedding M&M: Invitations

My brother-in-law Matt is getting married in two weeks.  TWO WEEKS!!!  He is getting married up in Oregon, in the Portland Temple, as his bride, Mandy, is from Eugene...where we lived when my husband was in law school, and where Matt now goes to law school as well.  Which means there will be an open house here in Utah, where he is from, a week later.  So needless to say, I have been all kinds of busy with preparations, both for the wedding in Oregon and the open house here.  I'll have LOTS to share with you after the blessed event is over, but until then, I thought I'd share their wedding announcement.
I designed it based on this invitation that Mandy really liked.  
I used the ever faithful Photoshop, and a digital stamp by Stampin' Up!  The fonts are the King and Queen for their names, and Tangerine for the rest of the invitation.
We got them printed with Catprint, for a fraction of what our inspiration would have cost!  Mandy paid $158.55 for 300 invitations plus white envelopes, 30 insert cards for those invited to the temple ceremony, and 60 insert cards for those invited to the wedding dinner.  Just 300 invitations alone of our inspiration would have cost $306.00, plus whatever for S&H.  Yet another reason to love DIY!
Mandy then took this lovely photo of the two of them, 
taken in my in-laws backyard before church when they were visiting (and that I prettied up a bit in Photoshop) and got 300 printed at Costco with a coupon for $0.09 a piece, $27.00 total.
So 300 beautiful custom invitations cost them a grand total of $185.55!  Now if only stamps were free.....

I'll be back in a couple weeks with all kinds of wedding ideas and tutorials to share with you!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...