Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Sunday, February 19, 2012

For my little chefs...

Sometimes I think I might be just a tad crazy.  I decided around 4 AM a few days ago that I was going to take on a rather big project...on a rather intense time frame!  I have to have this finished up by Saturday, my daughter's birthday.  We're hosting our families to celebrate, and it must be done!!!  So I've kinda dropped off the face of the earth...I'm terribly behind on responding to comments and emails, not to mention my real life responsibilities!  Ah, well.  Here's hoping I get it done!  In the meantime....
For well over a year (basically since the moment I first saw the plans for it over at Ana White), I have dreamed of building my kids a play kitchen for Christmas.  Well, since we were now in our own home, 2011 was the year!  This is my second Ana White project (the first was some gallery shelves I still haven't blogged!), and I'm happy with how it turned out:
 
 
 
It's not perfect, but that's okay.  The only thing not quite done is the ruffly curtain that goes under the sink.  It will match the fabric I used everywhere else...it's even sitting neatly folded on the shelf above my computer monitor, I'm looking at it as I type!  :)  And I built a dishwasher, which is the same plan as the oven, I just didn't use plexiglass in the door opening, and only one knob.
I won't give you the how-to, since Ana's plans do that, but I will tell you what I used.

My kids absolutely love it!  It's absolutely doable, if you want to do it.  And if you want to be amazed and inspired, browse Ana White's plan catalog!



Linking up here:
{M} Twigg Studios-Ask Anna-Skip to My Lou-The DIY Showoff-Mad in Crafts-Marvelously Messy-Pinkopotamus-The Girl Creative-Sumo's Sweet Stuff-Making the World Cuter-Sew Can DoC.R.A.F.T.- Keeping It Simple-Creating My Way to Success-All Things Fee-Etcetorize -Craft-o-Maniac-My Junk Drawer-Homemaker in Heels-Singing Three Little Birds-The House in the Roses-Boogieboard Cottage-Be Colorful-Between Naps on the Porch-I Should Be Mopping the Floor-Embellishing Life {T} Today's Creative Blog-Tip Junkie-Cherished Bliss-A Diamond in the Stuff-Sugar Bee Crafts-Vintage Wanna Bee-Reasons to Skip the Housework-The Kurtz Corner-Me and My Boys-Funky Polkadot Giraffe-Hope Studios-Creative Itch-Not Just a Housewife-Rook No. 17-At Home with K-My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia-Home Stories A2Z-Type A Decorating-DIY by Design-Primitive and Proper {furniture only}-Elizabeth & Co.-Project Queen-Coastal Charm-Ladybug Blessings-Homework-Topsy Turvy-New Nostalgia-Measured by the Heart {W} Tea Rose Home-Someday Crafts-Lil' Luna-Creations by Kara-Sew Woodsy -Goodbye City Hello Suburbs-Blue Cricket Design-Sew Much Ado-My Girlish Whims-Very Merry Vintage Style-Savvy Southern Style-Seven Thirty Three-Night Owl Crafting-Sugar and Dots-The Trendy Treehouse-Southern Lovely -Polkadots on Parade-Restore Interiors-Chatty Chicks-Ginger Snap Crafts-The Sasse Life-Fireflies and Jellybeans-Organize and Decorate Everything-Rae Gun Ramblings {Th} The Shabby Creek Cottage-House of Hepworths-The Brambleberry Cottage-The 36th Avenue-Yesterday on Tuesday-Saved by Love Creations-Momnivore's Dilemma-Beyond the Picket Fence-Somewhat Simple-Gluesticks-A Glimpse Inside-Domestically Speaking {paint only}-A Creative Princess-Christina's Adventures {$20}-What Allie's Making Now-Tales from Bloggeritaville-A Little Knick Knack-Crafty, Scrappy, Happy-Two Yellow Birds Decor-These Peas Taste Funny {F} Thirty Handmade Days-Just a Girl-Romantic Home-Remodelaholic-Shabby Nest-Lovely Crafty Home-WhipperBerry-At the Picket Fence-Finding Fabulous-delicate CONSTRUCTION-My Repurposed Life-Naptime Crafters-Chic on a Shoestring Budget Decorating-Fingerprints on the Fridge-504 Main-Cookie Nut Creations-Making Lemonade-French Country Cottage-See Vanessa Craft-Sassy Sites-Kojo Designs-It's a Hodgepodge Life-Tidy Mom-Truly Lovely-Simply Designing-Bubbly Nature Creations-Home is Where My Story Begins-Miss Mustard Seed {furniture only}-Simply Sweet Home-Creation Corner-Joyful Stamper-Craftionary-Release Me Create-Simple Home Life-Family Ever After-Addicted to Decorating-One Artsy Mama {S} Funky Junk Interior-Ladybird Lane-Tatertots and Jello-Craft Envy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...