Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, November 15, 2013

This Week's Reads 11/15




From a tired mommy who reads for entertainment, not enlightenment.

Ummm.....you remember how I said I was just a little bit occupied with this?  We're in hyperdrive now (hyperdrive?  is that a sci-fi reference?) getting ready for the wedding.  She gets married one week from tomorrow!  Reception two weeks from tomorrow.  I'm startin' to sweat a little.  It will be fine.  IT WILL BE FINE!!!!

Anyway, since I had no time to read this week, I thought I'd post another kind of book I've been making my way through.


Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook
I check cookbooks out from the library all the time.  I'm always in search of inspiration, and even if I glean only a single recipe from the book, I call it a success.  (I only cook the recipes that sound good, are fairly simple, and don't contain ingredients that will be highly repugnant to my family.  Well, except for my older daughter, almost everything that isn't bread or apples is repugnant to her.)  Anyway, I've tried two recipes so far from this particular cookbook, both of which I thought were delish.  The Low Country Gumbo on page 101 and the Crisp Cod Cakes (without the tomato-peach salad, again, the repugnant thing) on page 57.




The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays: 140 Step-by-Step Recipes for Simple, Scrumptious Celebrations
Also, just got my pre-ordered copy of the the Pioneer Woman's latest in the mail a couple weeks ago.  Haven't had time to cook from it yet, but looking forward to trying some recipes out!  (Though her recipes, as mentioned once before, must be used in moderation.  Attorney husband, not cattle rancher husband.  And I can say things like that without worrying about retribution because he never reads my blog unless I specifically ask him to.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...