Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, January 10, 2014

This Week's Reads 1/10


From a tired mommy who reads for entertainment, not enlightenment

Busy busy week, as usual!  But because it was so busy, whenever I had some open time, I collapsed with a book instead of sewing or digiscrapping or what have you.  So I read a lot this week.  I'll just be sharing the highlights.


My Story by Elizabeth Smart
I grew up less than twenty miles from where Elizabeth Smart did.  I was away at college when she was abducted, but as I was still in Utah, it was omnipresent.  It was big news everywhere, but especially in Utah.  I'll never forget where I was and what I was doing when I heard she was found. I was a little apprehensive about reading her book because I didn't want to be haunted by what happened to her....but though she is straight forward and honest about what happened to her, she is not graphic and detailed about the abuse.  Most of the book is about those nine months she was captive, but the most compelling part for me was after she was found.  In particular, what her mother told her about living her life and not giving her abductor another minute of it.  Elizabeth Smart is truly inspirational in how she has risen above what happened to her.  Worth reading.



The Love Goddess' Cooking School by Melissa Senate
I love food.  And I can't help but love books about food.  This was cute!  Fun and filling like a good Italian meal.  :)








As You Are by Sarah M. Eden
You know, the work of some authors I just love indiscriminately.  Sarah Eden is one of those.  I was thrilled when I found it this had been released. Though I've really enjoyed all her books, the Jonquil brothers series is my favorite. This latest installment has continued it beautifully. As soon as I found out it had been released, I rushed over to the local Seagull Book and snatched it up. I rarely buy new books. If I have read and loved a book, I'll try to get it on Paperback Swap or at a used bookstore. But for Sarah Eden, I make an exception, because I know I'll love it!  For those of you who don't have a Seagull Book at your fingertips, don't worry, you can get the Kindle version on Amazon.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...