Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, October 8, 2010

Wedding gift - Name & Est. plaque

One of my favorites gifts to give friends who are getting married is a wooden plaque with their names and established date...you know, you've seen them, they're very popular.  And easy peasy to make too.  I buy pine boards in long lengths, cut them into the sizes I want (why yes, I am perfectly comfortable wielding a circular saw), and sand them down nice and smooth.
Then I paint them, generally with acrylic craft paint or sometimes with spray paint.  I always check out the couple's registry to choose a color that will go with the linens and towels, etc., that they have picked out.
The couple that is getting married tomorrow registered for brown kitchen towels and bedding, so I chose a nice warm brown color (believe it or not, that IS brown...forgive my once-nice-five-year-old camera).
Next, I design and cut out vinyl on my beloved Cricut Expression (thank you husband and parents).
Then I apply the vinyl, and Ta-Da!  Finished.  And I'm usually always VERY pleased with it!  :)

Here's a couple more I've made in recent years:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...