Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bathroom Redo

I'm so excited to show y'all the VAST improvement of my main bathroom!
Let's get to it!
Before:
Yes, that is me in the my bathrobe with my needy daughter clinging to my legs...
After:
 
 
(I have separate posts for how to paint the faucet, how to frame the mirror, and the miscellaneous tidbits of the redo)
I took down all the hardware, the light fixture, and the shower curtain rod & rings, painted them oil-rubbed bronze and added copper highlights.  I uninstalled the faucet and drain assembly and painted that as well (and used about a million layers of top coat).  I added a beautiful frame to the plain old mirror.  I got new towels (thank you IKEA) and shower curtain, framed some 8X8 prints from my time in Eastern Europe, and, OF COURSE, painted and stenciled.


A little while ago, Cutting Edge Stencils contacted me to see if I would be interested in doing a product review and a GIVEAWAY.  Um, YES!!!  I'd been thinking of redoing that bathroom, and stenciling had crossed my mind, so this offer just sealed the deal!  After browsing all their beautiful stencils, I settled on their Paisley Allover stencil.  I kinda have a bit of a love affair with paisley.  And when I saw that GORGEOUS stencil, I couldn't resist.

Now, I did choose one of the trickiest stencils, and definitely one of the trickiest walls (I had to stencil around the shower insert, the toilet, the cabinet, the mirror, the lighting wires and mounting screw...).  But the stencil came with very clear illustrated instructions, and Cutting Edge has some terrific video tutorials:

I felt more than prepared to tackle my project!  I had it done in less than a day, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.  Stunning, right?  :)

Giveaway closed

Linking up here:
{M} Ask Anna-Skip to My Lou-The DIY Showoff-Mad in Crafts-Marvelously Messy-Pinkopotamus-The Girl Creative-Sumo's Sweet Stuff-Making the World Cuter-Sew Can DoC.R.A.F.T.- Keeping It Simple-Mo Momma-Creating My Way to Success-All Things Fee-Etcetorize -Craft-o-Maniac-The Trendy Treehouse-My Junk Drawer-Homemaker in Heels-Singing Three Little Birds-The House in the Roses-Boogieboard Cottage-Be Colorful-Between Naps on the Porch {T} Creating a House of Grace-Today's Creative Blog-Tip Junkie-Cherished Bliss-A Diamond in the Stuff-Sugar Bee Crafts-Vintage Wanna Bee-Reasons to Skip the Housework-The Kurtz Corner-Me and My Boys-Embellishing Life-All Thingz Related {W} Tea Rose Home-Someday Crafts-Lil' Luna-Creations by Kara-Eisy Morgan-Bella Before and After-Sew Woodsy -Goodbye City Hello Suburbs-Blue Cricket Design-Sew Much Ado-My Girlish Whims -A Mommy's Life with a touch  of yellow {Th} The Shabby Creek Cottage-House of Hepworths-The Brambleberry Cottage-The 36th Avenue-Yesterday on Tuesday-Saved by Love Creations-Momnivore's Dilemma  {F} Thirty Handmade Days-Just a Girl-Romantic Home-Remodelaholic-Shabby Nest-Young & Crafty-Lovely Crafty Home-WhipperBerry-At the Picket Fence-Finding Fabulous-delicate CONSTRUCTION-My Repurposed Life-Naptime Crafters-Chic on a Shoestring Budget Decorating-A Little Knick Knack-Fingerprints on the Fridge -504 Main-Cookie Nut Creations-Making Lemonade-French Country Cottage-The Crafty Nest {S} Funky Junk Interior-Ladybird Lane-Tatertots and Jello-Craft Envy-A Law Student's Journey


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...