Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DIY Wedding M&M: Candle Jars

Since I wasn't sure about the flammability of Modge Podge, and I didn't want it to be overkill, I opted to merely trim the candle jars.  I used quart jars for the tinted flower jars, and pint jars for the candles to give variety in height.  I trimmed them with lace, raw edged fabric, ribbon, jute twine and leftover patterned paper from the picture frames.  And I googled how long tea lights burn for, and I am happy to say they burn for an average of four hours.  That was helpful, since tea lights are so much cheaper than votives!  (You can get 100 for $3.99 at IKEA or 50 for $2.25 at Walmart.)  Our open house was two hours, and we had not a single tea light burn out.

Next up: picture frames!
See all posts from the wedding here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...