Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Saturday, November 13, 2010

My baby girl's new dress

So, as mentioned in my last post, I whipped up a dress for my daughter to wear for our family pictures.  I LOVE IT.  So pleased with how it turned out!
I used Simplicity pattern 3854.  I made my own bias tape for the little bolero, and I think it really adds something to it.  There is an awesome tutorial here (it's a PDF and won't link directly, so scroll down the page until you see Tutorials on the right sidebar) on how to make bias tape.
Embellished the bolero, shoes and headband with yo-yo's.  Great tutorial here.

As usual, sandwiched the seam of foldover elastic between the decorative part (in this case, the yo-yo's) and a layer of felt and hot glued the thing together.
And the shoes!  Didn't finish them in time for the pictures, but that's okay.  Used a pattern found here.
(This is why I love crafty blogging.  The generous sharing of ideas!!!)
And now my beauty (and her big brother):
 
Looks great, right? :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...