Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey shirts

My kid-lins in their turkey shirts
I have found dozens of adorable ideas for Thanksgiving shirts for girlies, but not many I really want my son to wear.  Until this.  I just finished my own version of Positively Splendid's Butterball Tee.  She has instructions on her blog, but it's one of those things you can kinda look at and just do.  I used four colors of felt, a rectangle (5 inches by 7 inches) of denim, Heat n' Bond iron on adhesvie and white thread.  You can find a template for my shapes here.  (Those are the shapes for the TOP layer...cut about 1/4" around them for the bottom layers.)  I totally love it!!!

Now onto my daughter's turkey shirt!   Her shirts are loosely based on this shirt at The Cottage Home, and this shirt at Embellished Bayou.  I made it specifically to match those plaid pants she's wearing!  Just used felt for the turkey body, and skinny Ofry ribbon for the feathers.

Both my kids LOVED having a special Turkey shirt (even if my daughter just liked pulling on and trying to chew on the ribbons!).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...