Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Anyway, so my shoes have been sitting there with snaps glued to the toes for months. Finally, today, I took ten minutes to make a little something to cover the snaps so I can wear them again!
I cut three different sized circles out per shoe, two of black lace, one of grey satin. Singed the edges until the curled (I use a little tea light rather than my lighter...gives me two hands to control the singing, since singing can often turn into burning!), glued the three layers together, added a flower shaped button, glued it to the other side of the snaps, and popped them onto my shoe. Voila! And the best part: since they attach with snaps, I can make as many as I want. (Though it may take another few months before I get around to it...)