Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Shoe remake

So I had this pair of black ballet flats that were years old.  And I kinda hated them.  But they are a sturdier model of the usually flimsy ballet flat.  Useful for skirts in the winter.  So I did a little surgery.  Clipped off the bow I hated, and glued snaps on the toes with E-6000 (best adhesive EVER).  Why snaps on the toes?  So I could make toe clips that didn't have to clip onto the shoe and bother my toes!
Anyway, so my shoes have been sitting there with snaps glued to the toes for months.  Finally, today, I took ten minutes to make a little something to cover the snaps so I can wear them again!

I cut three different sized circles out per shoe, two of black lace, one of grey satin.  Singed the edges until the curled (I use a little tea light rather than my lighter...gives me two hands to control the singing, since singing can often turn into burning!), glued the three layers together, added a flower shaped button, glued it to the other side of the snaps, and popped them onto my shoe.  Voila!  And the best part: since they attach with snaps, I can make as many as I want.  (Though it may take another few months before I get around to it...)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...