Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Monday, December 5, 2011

Book-Egg Christmas Ornaments

A little something for the tree I have in my living room window:
I want this tree to have a vintage homespun book look.  I spotted this egg wreath from Lemon Tree Creations and pinned it a couple months ago, thinking I could make something similar for Christmas ornaments.  It worked nicely.  I used old Easter eggs.  First, I drilled a hole in the top of the egg,
then modge podged some tiny scraps into the hole (using a toothpick helped).
Then took about 8 inches of ribbon, folded it in half and shoved the cut ends through the hole, again, using a toothpick.
Then carefully pulled the ribbon through to tie a knot in the end.
Then time for more modge podge!
I didn't follow Lemon Tree's tutorial at all (just looked at it for the first time today in fact), I just modge podged scraps from what had turned out to be a very vulgar book I picked up at a library bag sale 'cause the cover looked interesting (I had to be careful to make sure no curse words or words like crotch, sex kitten, etc., were showing!)
I like 'em!  The Lemon Tree eggs definitely look cleaner, but since the text of the book I used was...well, disgraceful, the way I did it was probably better for my purposes!



Linking up here:
{M} Ask Anna-Skip to My Lou-The DIY Showoff-Mad in Crafts-Marvelously Messy-Pinkopotamus-The Girl Creative-Sumo's Sweet Stuff-Making the World Cuter-Sew Can DoC.R.A.F.T.- Keeping It Simple-Mo Momma {T} Creating a House of Grace-Today's Creative Blog-Tip Junkie-Cherished Bliss-A Diamond in the Stuff-Sugar Bee Crafts-Vintage Wanna Bee-Reasons to Skip the Housework-The Kurtz Corner-Me and My Boys-Embellishing Life-All Thingz Related {W} Tea Rose Home-Someday Crafts-Lil' Luna-Creations by Kara-Eisy Morgan-Bella Before and After-Sew Woodsy -Goodbye City Hello Suburbs-Blue Cricket Design-Sew Much Ado-My Girlish Whims -A Mommy's Life with a touch  of yellow {Th} The Shabby Creek Cottage-House of Hepworths-The Brambleberry Cottage-The 36th Avenue-Yesterday on Tuesday-Saved by Love Creations-Momnivore's Dilemma  {F} Thirty Handmade Days-Just a Girl-Romantic Home-Remodelaholic-Shabby Nest-Young & Crafty-Lovely Crafty Home-WhipperBerry-At the Picket Fence-Finding Fabulous-delicate CONSTRUCTION-My Repurposed Life-Naptime Crafters-Chic on a Shoestring Budget Decorating-A Little Knick Knack-Fingerprints on the Fridge -504 Main-Cookie Nut Creations-Making Lemonade-French Country Cottage {S} Funky Junk Interior-Ladybird Lane-Tatertots and Jello-Craft Envy-A Law Student's Journey
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...