Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Goodbye 'til January...

Yeah, I know, my blogging has been...well, nonexistent.  It's not that I don't have things to share, I do.  It's that I've been working my tail off to get all my projects done by the end of the year, the holidays are in full swing, and I've had migraine episodes with greater than normal frequency.  All in all, no time to blog.  So here's one more project as a grand send off  until January...when I'll tell you all about what I've been up to!  
This has been a long time coming.  I posted on my personal Facebook page the other day..."WELL. We closed on this house February 3rd. I've been planning on painting the garage doors, front door and adding shutters and a windowbox since we made our offer January 4th. And now, December 3rd, it is finally all done. Shutters and windowbox are up. And I totally love it!"
We used cedar fence slats, cut them to size, sanded them down a bit, painted them to match our newly painted garage doors, and screwed them into place.  Sounds easier than it was!  But either way, it was very inexpensive.  It took 3 of the 5.5 inch slats to make the window box...3 @ $1.87=$5.61.  12 total 3.5 inch slats for the shutters (6 per window)...12 @ $1.17=$14.04.  Not bad, eh?  Now, just because it makes me happy, before (i.e., what it looked like when we bought it) and after:
And with that, have a WONDERFUL holiday season!!!!!  I may pop in if I have a holiday related craft that is easy to blog about, but otherwise see y'all in January!



Linking up here:
{M} Ask Anna-Skip to My Lou-The DIY Showoff-Mad in Crafts-Marvelously Messy-Pinkopotamus-The Girl Creative-Sumo's Sweet Stuff-Making the World Cuter-Sew Can DoC.R.A.F.T.- Keeping It Simple-Mo Momma {T} Creating a House of Grace-Today's Creative Blog-Tip Junkie-Cherished Bliss-A Diamond in the Stuff-Sugar Bee Crafts-Vintage Wanna Bee-Reasons to Skip the Housework-The Kurtz Corner-Me and My Boys-Embellishing Life {W} Tea Rose Home-Someday Crafts-Lil' Luna-Creations by Kara-Eisy Morgan-Bella Before and After-Sew Woodsy -Goodbye City Hello Suburbs-Blue Cricket Design-Sew Much Ado-My Girlish Whims -A Mommy's Life with a touch  of yellow {Th} The Shabby Creek Cottage-House of Hepworths-The Brambleberry Cottage-The 36th Avenue-Yesterday on Tuesday-Saved by Love Creations-Momnivore's Dilemma  {F} Thirty Handmade Days-Just a Girl-Romantic Home-Remodelaholic-Shabby Nest-Young & Crafty-Lovely Crafty Home-WhipperBerry-At the Picket Fence-Finding Fabulous-delicate CONSTRUCTION-My Repurposed Life-Naptime Crafters-Chic on a Shoestring Budget Decorating-A Little Knick Knack-Fingerprints on the Fridge -504 Main-Cookie Nut Creations-Making Lemonade-French Country Cottage {S} Funky Junk Interior-Ladybird Lane-Tatertots and Jello-Craft Envy-A Law Student's Journey
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...