Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Monday, March 28, 2011

Life happens....and here's a wedding gift.

So part of the reason I've been moving S-O  S-L-O-W-L-Y with regards to getting my kitchen done is that I still have a life.  I have two small children who need/want their mommy, I have friends and family that I like to see and communicate with, I have my little family whom I want to feed good meals, I have husband who likes to hang out with me, and I've had a few other projects to take care of.
So, on that note, my sister (who lives an interesting travel filled life, currently situated in Alaska) was in town for her best friend's wedding last week.  She asked if I would make one of my wood signs for her friend.  I was more than happy to do it, not only for my sister, but for the bride.  My sister and Julie have been friends since they were in elementary school.  So we sat down together and came up with a design I am very happy with.

A 1X12 pine board cut roughly square, painted with Apple Barrel acrylic craft paint in Kelly Green, clear coat Krylon Low Odor Clear Finish.
White Oracal vinyl cut with my Cricut, using the following cartridges:

(oh, and a note of explanation: in my church, we refer to each other as Brother or Sister -last name here- because we believe we are all God's children and thus siblings in the grand scheme of things. Julie was particularly excited to be Brother and Sister Drake, so that's why we put it on the sign.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...