Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Utah Valley Parade of Homes

I spent this afternoon hanging out with my mom, going to the Utah Valley Parade of Homes.  My mom and I have gone together to the two or three Parade of Homes in our area every year since I was 12, with a brief moratorium for the 3 years I lived in Oregon...so it's been about about 13 years of Parades now.  I usually take my camera, but don't take many pictures.  This year was different, because for the first time, I have a home of my own!  I got to walk around saying, "I could do that" instead of "Someday, when I have a house...."  It was awesome.
So I thought I'd show you some highlights from the show.
I loved this window seat and rustic wall
My son would love this distressed sports art!
The knobs in a couple rooms of this house were terrific!
Love this bulletin board.
This house was a monstrosity, 17, 372 square feet.  Inside, the main living areas were nice, but the bedrooms each had a horrible cheesy (tacky) theme.  In the words of my friend, laughable. Yikes.
I thought this mirror was nifty.
Beautiful outdoor entertaining area (see those gorgeous mountains in the background!)
Driftwood headboard, pretty neat!
The house I loved, inside and out! (#14, if you're interested.)
Cool lampshade.
Awesome built in bunk beds with shelving all around.
Very cool art...looks like they took a photo and messed with it in Photoshop, then printed it on canvas.  Great idea.
One nifty piece of distressed furniture...and a pretty cool lamp too.
How fun is THAT lamp?!
Coat hooks.  Love 'em.
Needless to say, everything after this house seemed lacking.  The "Harborside" was full of character, personality...and life!
But just for good measure...just a couple houses down from the Harborside is a house that was in the Parade a couple years ago.
My (13 years of Parade going) ALL TIME FAVORITE!  (If you're interested in a tour, go to this website and it's the first house, top row on the left.)
I got lots of great ideas for DIY projects for my house (as well as bigger projects that I couldn't tackle myself...but I can dream about doing!).
If you live in Utah, the Parade goes through next Saturday, the 18th.  Buy tickets online and save $1. If you go, make sure you hit 14 and 8.  Those were my favorites.  :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...