Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, July 26, 2013

This Week's Reads 7/26



Still making my way through Salt Sugar Fat.  Still horrifying.












Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden
Really REALLY enjoyed this one.  Historical fiction, set in Boston in the 1800's, concerning the raging illegal opium trade.  Full of suspense and romance.  Loved it.  Will probably read some more of Elizabeth Camden.









An Inquiry Into Love and Death by Simone St. James
Fascinating.  Unusual.  Also historical fiction, set in a coastal town in England the 1920's.  This book was all kinds of mysterious and suspenseful, as it dealt with real-life crime AND a ghostly presence.  Also some romance.  There was one scene I felt the need to skip, as I like all romance in my books to be squeaky clean.  Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I have a hold on her last book at the library, and I'm looking forward to the publication of her new book in April!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...