Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, September 27, 2013

Top Books of All Time - September



Man, has it been one of those days.  A tornado must have swirled through my house....about a week ago.  We've been so busy, we've just lived around the mess!  Today I've been trying to clean it up, but oh, the interruptions!  From my fully potty trained 3 year old peeing her pants to my baby eating the houseplants to my son using the exersaucer as a launch pad for jumping to touch the ceiling and almost breaking that precious (at least to me) toy.  But my kids are all down for naps or quiet time now, so I'm getting this post up.  Before I go throw in another load of laundry and then attempt to find my kitchen counter under all the piles, anyway.

Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson
I actually just read this one a few days ago.  Finally got my hands on it from the library, devoured it, and then promptly ordered my own copy from Amazon.  It was wonderful.  Loved the history, loved the romance, but most of all, loved the heroine.  It's not every day that you find a heroine that you have a sneaking suspicion is you.  Needless to say, the book really spoke to me.  Loved it.






Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson
This is a memoir of a woman who was in a terrible plane crash, burned over 80% of her body and lived to tell the tale.  Except it's not as simple as that.  What a story, and what a journey.  I loved it because it was truthful but also optimistic.  I stumbled upon this woman's blog literally the day before the plane crash, and I've been following ever since.  The book talked about many things I already knew about, as a faithful reader, but a lot that I didn't know as well.  Pardon me as I get all cliché, but it reminds one of what matters most.





The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
Be still, my romantic heart.  You all know dear Lucy Maud, right?  She is the reason that my baby's middle name is AnnE instead of Ann, like the two relatives she was actually given that name for!  Anyway, this book is not as well known, but I almost love it more than Anne.  Almost.  This is a book about a girl who, at 29 (practically an old maid in those days, you know), decides to stop living for other people and start living for herself.  And oh the adventures that follow.  SUCH. A. GOOD. BOOK.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...