Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, October 11, 2013

This Week's Reads 10/11



Someone asked me if I blog all the books I read.  The answer is no, I do not.  I only blog the ones I think will be of most interest to all of you.  Which brings me to this week's reads!

Due or Die by Jenn McKinlay
Book 2 of the Library Lovers mystery series.  Yes, I am a library lover and I am loving this series.  Cozy mystery.  Set in a coastal Conneticut town.  Main character is the library director (totally surprising of course, given the series title).  Great series.  When I'm all caught up with it, I'll have to pick up another Jenn McKinlay, she's written a few mystery series'.





Austenland by Shannon Hale
This is actually a re-read for me.  I didn't like it the first time (though I have to say I love her childrens and young adult novels).  But then a few weeks ago, my mom convinced me to go see the new movie with her.  And I kinda loved it.  So I thought I'd try the book again.  I did like it better the second time around, because I was picturing the movie.  I really liked the changes that Shannon Hale and Jerusha Hess (the director and co-screenwriter) made to the story for the movie.  Sooooo.....yeah, for once I liked a movie better than its literary counterpart.



Mr. Darcy Forever by Victoria Connelly
More Austen fan fiction from the author I picked up last week.  It's a rather convoluted retelling of Sense and Sensibility.  This just may be my least favorite of hers.  Didn't love it.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...