Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, October 18, 2013

This Week's Reads 10/18



It's cozy mystery binge week!  :)

Book, Line, and Sinker by Jenn McKinlay
The third in the Library Lovers mystery series.  Thoroughly enjoyed it, of course.  And can't wait for the fourth,  Read It and Weep, to be published next month!










Buttercream Bump Off by Jenn McKinlay
I enjoyed Library Lover's mysteries so much, I thought I'd pick up another on Jenn McKinlay's mysteries.  This is from the Cupcake Bakery mystery series, number two unfortunately (I hate starting out of order!).  I liked it, I liked it a lot.  Not as much as the Library Lover's series, but still a great cozy mystery.  I've got the rest of the series on hold at the library as we speak.







Garden Plot by Kristen McKendry
Thoroughly enjoyed it.  The owner of an in-patient halfway house of sorts finds a dead body in her garden, presumably one of her patients.  Presumably.  I love a good puzzle to figure out, and the main character was detail oriented and sharp as a tack.  This is an LDS fiction book, meaning the main character is a Mormon and there are a few cultural references that a non-Mormon reader won't quite get, but it wouldn't take away from the rest of the story.  My only complaint is there is no sequel!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...