Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Monday, November 4, 2013

I've been a little occupied....(budget wedding invitations...)



Because of this:
Yep, my little sister is getting married.  In less than three weeks!  So you might not see much of me in the next few weeks, but rest assured, I'll have plenty of wedding....stuufff...to show you later!

But in the meantime, let me tell you about the invitation I designed.  Photoshop, of course.  Simple, clean lines photo style invitation is what she wanted.  Fonts used: Jane Austen, Arrivals and Departures and skinny jeans.

I did some more looking around to find a printer, and I found an amazing deal from Got Print.  We ordered 500 5X7 postcards on 16 pt dull cover with matte finish, color on both sides, for $72.81, plus S&H (they are only sold in increments of 250, and it is cheaper to buy 500 from them than to buy less from someone else...A&B most likely won't send out all 500, but they have as many as they could possibly need).  Then over the course of a couple weeks, every time we went by a Michael's, we bought a package of 50 count 5X7 envelopes using the current coupon until we had 500, which cost us $40.54 plus tax.  Reasonable quality for a lower cost than the cheapest envelopes at Walmart or another online supplier.  (And speaking for myself, I just rip open the envelopes and then recycle them without even noticing how nice they are!  Not place we wanted to put much money into!)  So unbelievably, for $113.36 (plus the S&H and tax, of course), we got 500 beautiful invitations.  Is that a deal or what?!  And Got Print did a wonderful job, they look terrific.  If you are interested in their product, they offer a free sample kit you can order (I ordered one from them and two other companies before concluding they were the best and more affordable option). They also have detailed instructions for preparing your files to get the best possible result.  I highly recommend them for any bride, not just the budget conscious bride!  :)

(And no, I'm not getting any kind of kick back for this, just wanted to share a great find.)

So there you are!  See ya in a few weeks!  :)

P.S....we've had three of our six (combined) siblings get married in the past 15 months.....M&M, B&H and now A&B.  I need a break from weddings!  :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...