Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, November 29, 2013

Tops Reads of All Time - November



From a tired mommy who reads for entertainment, not enlightenment




The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Apropos, considering the movie for numero dos just came out.  Anyway, have you read this?  Are you one of the few people out there who hasn't?  I LOVE it.  LOVE IT.  (Of course, it wouldn't be one of my top reads of all time otherwise.)  I loved the whole series.  I know a lot of people hated the last book, but I didn't.  I think it is a series definitely worth reading.  (And I liked the first movie too....haven't seen the second yet.)






Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
Okay, so I am not a Mitch Albom fan.  I don't like those inspirational novels he's come up with.  They just rub me the wrong way.  This, however, is a wonderful book.  Because it's TRUE.  It's not some stilted forced pseudo-inspirational story that triggers my gag reflex.  It's real.  And moving.  You should read it.







These is my Words by Nancy Turner
GOOD book.  REALLY good.  Set in the Arizona territory in the late 1800's, it's a story about a woman surviving...and triumphing.  SO enjoyed it.  Earthy and detailed and authentic and memorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...