Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, December 6, 2013

This Week's Reads 12/6


From a tired mommy who reads for entertainment, not enlightenment.

This is a catch-up entry!  I got behind first because of the wedding (that post is coming, I promise!) and then because I was recovering from the wedding and didn't feel like it!  :)  So here's what I read last week:


Catherine by April Lindner
After reading Jane, I was a little uncertain about this.  But I liked it a whole lot more than Jane.  I wouldn't rank it as one of my favorite books by any means, but it was an interesting read and an interesting interpretation of Wuthering Heights.









The Witnesses by Stephanie Black
This is evidently a sequel.  I just saw it at the library, and since I really like Stephanie Black (my favorite is Rearview Mirror), I picked it up.  It was different than the other books I've read from her.  Suspenseful and intense.  Interesting.  Not my most favorite, but a thrilling ride.









Shadows on the Coast of Maine by Lea Wait
Number two of the Antique Print mystery series.  I really enjoy cozy mysteries.  Again, this isn't my most favorite cozy mystery series (I like Jenn McKinlay's Library Lover's and Cupcake Bakery mysteries, as well as Cricket McRae's Home Crafting mysteries a little better), but I definitely have enjoyed it.  This book in particular...it makes me want to go antiquing in Maine!  :)  I may have to settle for an episode of Antiques Roadshow though....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...