Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, December 20, 2013

This Week's Reads 12/20



From a tired mommy who reads for entertainment, not enlightenment.

It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!  It's also the beginning of Christmas break for our family...including my wonderful husband who saves up most of his PTO for the end of the year.  It's going to be a wonderful Christmas season, I just know it.  :)
It's been a busy week, trying to finish up gifts and treats and whatnot, but I still fit in some reading.  So here's what we've got:


The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin
Interesting.  I'm still not totally sure how I feel about it.  It's well written, and the story engrossing.  Or maybe it was the lifestyles of the wealthy in the Golden Age that was engrossing.  Either way, I found it fascinating.  Not too sure about the conclusion.  Still a lot of questions and mystery surrounding it, I felt.  And a gorgeous cover, which is always a point in a book's favor...I don't have to cringe every time I look at it!





Slay It with Flowers by Kate Collins
Number two in the cozy mystery series I started last week.  Enjoyed it!  The characters are fun, our heroine spunky.  I think we'd be friends.  :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...