Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Death by Crown Molding.

Apparently this self-taught DIY girl hasn't mastered the fine art of the miter saw.  We went to put up all the molding last night and.....something went wrong on the saw end of things.  The angles met at the top, but not at the bottom.  Sigh.  That's the problem of being overly ambitious and overestimating your own skills.  (Both of which could be tattooed across my forehead...if I believed in tattoos, that is.)  Not all is completely lost, though.  My daddy dearest is coming down today to help me.  I'll have to buy another 8 feet of molding, but that's okay.  I needed more to do the baseboards anyway, so I'll just take the pieces I can't use on the top now and piece them together under the cabinets where a seam will not be noticed.  It will be fine (though if you'd told me that last night, I would have snarled and thrown my carpenter's square at you).
Anyway, do you want to see the molding we're using?
The one piece we got up last night before we realized the angles were off looked great.  Here's hoping the project actually gets finished soon.  I think I said, "I hate this kitchen" four or five times during my histrionics.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...