Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Thursday, April 21, 2011

THE GRAND KITCHEN REVEAL!

Update: Since this time, I've painted my kitchen.  I never really liked how this particular stain turned out on oak...but oak is what I've got!  :)  However, the steps I outlined (links at the bottom of this post) are still a great resource if you're looking to stain anything.

Has this has ever been a long time coming.  I'll spare you lots of text on the matter, since I'm sure you just want to see the pictures.
But first, a quick run-down of what we did: stripped and sanded the cabinets down to nothing, stained them, coated them with polyurethane, added hardware and added decorative molding to the top of the cabinets.  Oh, and we painted all the walls too.
Wow, that sounds simple.  It wasn't.
And without further ado, here are the long awaited photos!
The kitchen was fine before, everything was in good shape.  I just didn't care for the golden oak of the 90's, and I wanted a little more pizazz. Overall, I'm happy with the results.  It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but the flaws are largely only things I will notice.  Most of all, IT IS DONE.  (cue the angels singing...)

My step by step how to series:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...