Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, January 3, 2014

Top Reads of All Time - December


From a tired mommy who reads for entertainment, not enlightenment

This was supposed to be last Friday's post.  Oh well!  :)


The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
For all the hype over The Forgotten Garden, I actually didn't like it that much.  I DID, however, REALLY like this book.  Both the historical context and the mystery of the story fascinated me.  I have only read two of Kate Morton's (though I have another sitting on my bookshelf!); I definitely want to read more.






The Awakening by Angela Hunt
Christian fiction, but pretty subtle.  I don't particularly enjoy in-your-face Christian fiction.  This is a story about a woman who, upon the death of her mother and a new neighbor moving in, discovers the most important things she thought she understood about her life may be wrong.  Mysterious and utterly captivating.  And a pretty great take home message, of course, seeing as I AM a Christian.  :)





The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Fitzgerald's masterpiece.  (Anyone see the movie?  I really liked it...it obviously sought for a certain feel over absolute historical accuracy...I liked the interpretation.)  And a masterpiece it is.  Truly thought provoking.  Loved it the first time I read it when I was young, and love it still.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...