Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, January 31, 2014

Top Reads of All Time - January




Okay, so yesterday was a really exciting day for our family.  My sister-in-law came home from serving an 18 month long mission for our Church.  I don't talk about this much on here partially because I want to keep my blog DIY and partially because I don't want to put anyone off by talking religion, but I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Otherwise known as a Mormon.  My beliefs are very important to me; in fact, they are the guiding force in my life.  If you are interested in knowing more about what Mormons believe, please visit mormon.org.  Or email me (diykindagirl@hotmail.com), and I'd be happy to talk to you about it.  Just no mean emails, okay?

So ANY-way, in honor of my dearly beloved sister-in-law coming home, I thought for today's Top Reads of All Time, I'd share my favorite Mormon religious books.

Just Hold Me: Embraced by the Savior's Love by Don Staheli
One of my personal spiritual epiphanies came while reading this book.  It is about Jesus Christ, and His ability to comfort and uplift us.  Poignant book.











Believing Christ by Stephen E. Robinson
This is a really wonderful book about the Atonement of Christ.  The author has a beautiful way of explaining the Atonement and why we should trust in it, "Believe Christ."  It really helped my understanding of both the Atonement and Jesus Christ.







Small and Simple Things by Marjorie Pay Hinckley
A lovely book written by a lovely woman.  It is a collection of bits of wisdom and encouragement gleaned from a lifetime of experience.  The author, Marjorie Pay Hinckley, was the wife of the last prophet of our Church, Gordon B. Hinckley.  She was gracious and kind and loving, someone I truly admired.





Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ
I couldn't make this list without including this book.  The Book of Mormon is holy scripture, a record of God's dealing with the people of ancient America.  It was translated by Joseph Smith by the power of God and published in 1830.  It is truly another witness of Christ, that He is the Son of God, that through His Atonement, all mankind may be saved through obedience to the laws and ordinances of His Gospel.




Thank you for allowing me to share something so deeply personal.  And please, if you email or comment on my Facebook page, remember to be kind.

Tomorrow, I'll be throwing a baby shower for my sister-in-law, so I'll be back next week with all the details, from food to decorations to games to prizes.  See you then!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...