Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mixed feelings around these parts

I wasn't nearly as productive as I had hoped last week.  I didn't get started painting the bookshelves, or fix my kids clothes, or get my new raised bed garden built.  It's okay.  While I wish I would have gotten those things done, I'm not going to beat myself up because I didn't.
I did take some time to create a scrapbook page.  My grandma died on Saturday, and as always, creating is a way for me to process and express what I'm feeling.  That's why I create to begin with.
Journaling reads:

Phyllis Salina Jones Burton

Born April 7th 1918
Died May 14th 2011
My Grandma just died, and I have such mixed feelings. She had been frail and often sick for many years, so it is not all that surprising that she passed away. And yet, because she has been through so much and still held on...it has come as a shock to me.
I can’t believe she’s really gone.
Since we moved back to Utah, I haven’t gone to see her nearly as much as I should have. The last time we went, all she wanted to do was hold Susie. I’m glad I took my camera to capture it.
It’s not so much that I am mourning the death of my Grandma as it is I am mourning lost opportunities to know her. I love you, Grandma. I hope I can know you better in the next life.

Template: Connie Prince
Kit: Captured Romance, Scrap Matters Collab
Fonts: LD Shelli Print and French 111 BT
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...