Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Sunday, August 25, 2013

DIY Wedding B&H: Details

Okay, the details.
I took very few photos while I made these (in WAY too much of a hurry), so they will not be tutorials, just an explanation.  If you want any further details or have any questions, please feel free to email me at diykindagirl@hotmail.com.

table

Okay, I'll cover the specifics of the pedestals and accompanying flowers, candles and patterned paper frames when I talk centerpieces.
Hanging 16X20 Our Love Story:
I painted a thrift store frame, and looped striped ribbon over it before putting it all back together.
The print I created in Photoshop, using guidance from this tutorial on creating chalkboard effect.  The fonts I used are Sketch Rockwell, Objectum, Janda Stylish Script and CK Doodling.  Then hung it to the underside of the deck with the  striped ribbon and a staple gun!
Bunting banner:
Made from designer series paper by Stampin' Up! in calypso coral, night of navy and basic gray.  The navy and white striped paper I created in Photoshop and printed at home.  The flags are that I folded over half an inch and sewed down, then strung on jute twine.  Also stapled to the underside of the deck!
Hanging B & H:
I used Birmingham font for the B and H, and New Cicle for the ampersand.  Traced them onto cardboard and cut them out with an exacto knife.  I wrapped the B and H in jute twine  and covered the ampersand in the calypso coral patterned paper.  Hung from the underside of the deck with striped ribbon and jute twine.
Storybook for guest book:
Fanny's Dream, the perfect storybook for newlyweds!  I had a framed print I designed in Photoshop that said "And they lived happily ever after. Please sign the storybook on a TEXT page."  Just used ultra fine point sharpies

Gift and card table:

Patterned paper bunting, same as above.  Just added vinyl letters cut from scrap vinyl in New Cicle font.
Already had the basket, just added the striped ribbon
Thrift store frame painted, easel I already had.

Overhead buntings:

My favorite project!
These are white thrift store sheets I dyed.  Then cut the flags out (8.5 inches tall, 8 inches wide), ripped 2 inch wide strips and made something that resembles double fold bias tape with them, then sewed it all together.  About 180 feet of bunting total.  And I love it.


Pedestals were made from scrap MDF and 2X4's that I trimmed the curved edges off of and then ripped right down the middle lengthwise.  Painted all the components with Rustoleum Painters Touch in Granite Satin, then assembled with construction adhesive.  Trimmed the rough edges of the MDF with striped paper I printed out.
The flowers!  Cut out of calypso coral cardstock from Stampin' Up! on my Silhouette Cameo, using this cut file, with some extra petals added.  Creatively assembled (or at least I think so!) around a Dollar Tree tealight.
Candles, mason jars and tealights, cut the covers out of night of navy cardstock from Stampin' Up! also on my Silhouette, with this and this cut file, both adjusted to fit the jars.
Patterned paper frames, covered in calypso coral Designer Series Paper, then I added the B&H in night of navy cardstock, cut with my Silhouette in New Cicle font.

Food tables:

Last minute labor of love.  Pleated rosettes made from basic gray and calypso coral, cut into strips (11" by just over 2.75") and folded one way and then the other every half inch.  Two strips put together to make one rosette.
White lettering cut out on my Silhouette, skinny jeans font.

So there you go, details.  Again, if you want more information, feel free to email me at diykindagirl@hotmail.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...