Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, August 23, 2013

This Week's Reads 8/23


Another busy busy week.  Here's what I covered:


Fifty Dresses That Changed the World by Design Museum
This was fun for me.  I'm hardly a fashionista, but I like to feel pretty, and therefore I kinda like clothes!  And what I really like in a dress is a vintage vibe (think 40's, 50's and 60's).  I enjoyed reading about each of the fifty dresses that were chosen, and some of them I would absolutely wear now!






Longing for Home by Sarah M. Eden
This is a deviation from her usual books.  Everything she has written thus far has been a Regency romance, which I love, but this was nice for a change.  It's historical fiction, set in Wyoming in 1870, following an Irish woman who has come for a housekeeping position.  The town is settled half by those of Irish origin, and half by those who aren't.  And the tensions are high.  An interesting take on the plight of the Irish immigrant in the late 1800's.  For me, the test of a good historical novel is if it leaves me wanting to learn more about that time and situation in history.  This passed the test with flying colors.  Oh, and the romance part is fun too.  :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...