Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, August 2, 2013

This Week's Reads 8/2



The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
Wow.  What a beautiful captivating book.  I adored it.  Set in Alaska in the 1920's.  Unusual.  Mysterious.  Bittersweet.  Complex.  Thought provoking.  I highly highly recommend it.  First novel from this author, who is a native Alaskan.  Hope she writes more.





 I Belong With You by Shannon Guymon
I love Shannon Guymon.  This is book two in her Love and Dessert Trilogy.  Enjoyed the first one (You Belong With Me), which is why I read the second.  I even messaged the author herself on Goodreads to tell her I had thoroughly enjoyed them and to urge her to write the third ASAP!  She said it will come out early September, MAYBE late August.  These are fun, happy-ending (squeaky clean) love stories.  I will say I found the time frame perhaps a little quick and thus not so believable, but then again, I met and married my husband in just under a year, so who I am to judge, right?!  :)



Still working on Salt Sugar Fat.  My husband doesn't love it, since I'm scrutinizing every single label more thoroughly now.  :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...