Home     About Me     Features     Fave Places to Party!
Crafting      Home Improvement & Decor     Digital Scrapping     Reading

Friday, August 16, 2013

This Week's Reads 8/16


Busy.  Haven't had as much time to read as I would like (and I did spend a bunch of my reading time going through the Vintage Magic series all over again), so it was a fluffy reading week!


Working It Out by Rachael Anderson
A lighthearted CLEAN romance.  This one actually hit close to home because the main characters remind me a little of a couple I know.  Recurring theme: embracing life.  Within reason.  :)






My Own Mr. Darcy by Karey White
Well, I'm a huge Jane Austen fan.  And there's good Austen fan fiction, and not good fan fiction.  Fortunately, this falls in the former category.  It's not a modern retelling of P&P (though I've read plenty of those, and liked quite a few of them).  No, rather, what IF Mr. Darcy is not Mr. Right?  Read this, and you shall see.  Admittedly, as I was reading, I had moments where I thought the main character a little...immature.  But, in retrospect, I remembered what it was like to be 22 and have a plan...and how shocking it can be to find out that it may not be what you really want.  I enjoyed it.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...